Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Botanique Spring Subscription: Week Two

Week two! I am really enjoying this subscription. It is so awesome to create a new design every week with no restrictions other than local, in season, and fresh. I truly think this is the way to get the best flowers possible, and often the best designs too. If you start with super fresh, seasonal flowers, they do a lot of the work for you.
This was an exciting week because I got to use lots of flowers from the Botanique Cutting Garden- it is so nice that all the digging (LOTS OF DIGGING), planting, mulching, seed rearing and planning is starting to pay off in such beautiful blooms.
Check out the petals on these parrot tulips! I am in love. I definitely want to plant more of these next year.
This week's arrangement included: Black Parrot Tulips, Lily of the Valley and Lilacs from the Botanique Cutting Garden, and Delphinium, Sweet Peas, Lambs Ear foliage and Pearl Bush from J. Foss Garden Flowers in Chehalis, WA.
P.S. The combination of lilac, lily of the valley and sweet peas is one of the most amazing fragrances I have ever experienced. Heavenly.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful lush colors and textures. I bet the fragrance is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely intoxicating. And the matching-up of textures is so fun to gaze upon! The fluttery edges of the tulip and the sweet peas, the tiny details of the lilac and the lily of the valley...and of course I can't stop touching the lambs ear (which is the perfect soft-green color). I'm head over heels in love with this arrangement.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply sublime, Kelly!!! The palette, the textures, the combination of delicate and dramatic! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete