Monday, December 12, 2011

Lichen

Lichen-covered twigs are my new best friends: very pretty color; very unique texture; very, very, very my favorite thing to put in arrangements right now.



I love the blue-grey-sea foam color of the lichen against the ivory roses and privet berries... to me this is a very soothing color palette- it reminds me of the ocean.


Don't you think that lichen looks a little like seaweed???


I like the challenge of trying to arrange with seasonal elements in the winter, when there is little blooming, budding, or otherwise showing off in wild color.


I feel like it opens my eyes to less common elements, and these are so often what makes an arrangement really special.


Keeping my eyes peeled for unique winter treasures! Have you found any that you would like to share???

No comments:

Post a Comment