Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ghosts of Summers Past

Some might call them "weeds." I rather prefer "Ghosts of Summers Past."


The season is really shifting now.... the mornings are covered in silvery frost.... little is left blooming. But these incredible dahlias continue to astound me with their lavender brilliance! And I rather like the crinkly look of dried leaves...


I think many things are more beautiful (or at least as beautiful) when they start to fade- what would we do without the brilliant colors of autumn trees, the whirly, golden seed pods of clematis... the feeling that it is ok to finally take a rest.


I am looking forward to a winter of extreme coziness! (Just have to finish planting the hundreds of bulbs for next year's cutting garden first!) Then it's off to curl up with a cup of tea, a good book, and Eli's warm arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment